Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sirloin Steak with Garlic Butter by All Recipes

Sometimes the simplest of recipes are the best. This is certainly the case with the top sirloin steak I grilled last night. I snagged a top recipe from All Recipes and I had a delicious dinner in under 15 minutes. Let me give you the run down.

The Recipe

The Good
Under 15 minutes to make
Only 5 ingreadients (two are salt and pepper)
Melts in your mouth

The Bad
None

Overall - 4/5
This recipe is as simple as you can get (especially since it doesn't require marination), and it's tasty too . I must admit, I over cooked this, but it still believe 4 stars is fair. It has a great garlicky flavor with just enough salt and pepper to taste. Also, the melted butter was fantastic on top. I never tried that, but I will definitely be doing that again, whether I use this recipe or another one.

This steak is also great in salads - just slice it up and toss it in. It's fantastic. Definitely better than Alton Brown's recipie. Sorry Alton, your the man, but it's tough to compete with a recipe that calls for steak drenched in butter and garlic sauce.

On a side note I wish I would have taken RemaxRhonda's suggestion and added some mesquite flavor to it. That sounds amazing.