Saturday, September 10, 2011

Caribbean Seafood Stew by Everyday Paleo

Sarah over at Everyday Paleo has quite the following, and if you haven't checked out her website yet, DO IT. She comes up with some pretty original dishes. With three kids, she needs to stay on top of her game to keep them interested, and she does a fantastic job. Take a look at this recipe she posted yesterday (Mango Chicken Salad with Chipotle Mayo)... I'll be cooking this soon.

Tonight however, I tried her Caribbean Seafood Stew. I've been meaning to try more dishes with coconut milk. So far I've only been using it for smoothies, but I'd love to find other tasty ways to get more coconut in my life.


Her picture looks way better


The Good
Light dish
Very tender fish
Delicate coconut flavor

The Bad
A little bland

Overall - 2/5 Stars
This dish was a little underwhelming. I felt like it was missing an ingredient or two. The coconut milk gave the dish a great base, but it wasn't enough for me to enjoy this recipe. That being said her directions are spot on. We simmered the fish for 4 minutes and it came out perfectly tender.

Did you have a different experience with this dish? I'd love to hear what your opinion is.