Monday, March 26, 2012

Red Velvet Cupcakes w/ Cream Cheese Frosting by Recipe Girl

I've been on quite the cream cheese kick recently (Exhibit A, Exhibit B), but this recipe wasn't even my idea. My mom suggested we make it for my Dad's birthday. Surprisingly, I had a hard time finding a Red Velvet Cake recipe, but there were plenty of cupcake recipes. I'm okay with cupcakes, but I refuse to make cake pops. Just try not to cringe when watching this commercial.

Cupcakes remind me of the personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut. What a great idea. A small personal pizza that makes kids (or adults) feel special. You have a whole pie to yourself. Plus, I'm sure they can mark up the price of a personal pizza more than a regular. And I would assume the same is true for Cupcakes as well. Anyway, this is a pretty straight forward recipe that I look forward to trying.




The Good

  • Simple recipe
  • Very moist
  • Coconut flour is always a plus


The Bad

  • Icing came out flat (probably my fault for using honey)


Overall - 4/5 Stars
These were really tasty and very moist. We cooked them for a minute less than on the recipe and they came out perfect. As a substitution I used honey in the icing which might have messed with the consistency. I think next time I'll try what the recipe calls for and just use agave nectar. But overall these were great. We've already used this recipe twice in the last week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment