Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 24 - I made 'em extra schloppy for ya!

I have been cooking up a storm recently. My latest creation was sloppy joes on a bed of purple cabbage and slices of avocado. The sloppy joes were fantastic, and it makes me feel better that I am starting to cook a lot more foods. When I was eating mostly grains, I always felt like I was just preparing something. It was always rice this, or sandwich that, in order to get the number of carbs I needed. But now I am actually cooking things. Other meals/foods I recently tried:

Artichoke - and so ends my successful run at cooking new vegetables - those are hard to eat/cook!
Brussels sprouts - I actually liked these! What does that mean?? Was this my first time eating them?
Asparagus - this was easy to cook, in the steamer
Sirloin steak - courtesy of Alton Brown this was delicious
Balsamic reduction - WHY did I not know how easy and tasty this was. I just tossed some mushrooms/onions/garlic with some balsamic vinegar and it was soooo good

Also, I am very much looking forward to the Farmers Market. I need to get there earlier this time though. 12 o clock isn't going to cut it if I want my choice of meats and eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment