Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 32 - The End of My Paleo Challenge

I'm done. I can start eating what ever I want now. My 30 day Paleo Challenge is over! But what do I want to do. This experiment certainly had its highs and lows. Do I want to continue? Let's see if I can organize my thoughts on this.

The Good

  • Eating more vegetables
  • Cooking more
  • Better performance in hockey and workouts
  • Eating 3 meals instead of 5 per day 
  • More involved in the food chain (farmers market)
  • Noticeably better looking skin
  • Overall feeling of limberness

The Bad

  • Consistently feel lower level of energy than before
  • Bad breath is more common
  • More expensive than mostly grain based diet

The Ugly

  • I still miss cereal !!!

Overall, I am very impressed with the effect that eating this way has had on my body. I am going to continue to use it as a blueprint for my nutrition and just tweak with some of the variables. Perhaps, I have to add in more carbohydrates because I feel a lack of energy.

All in all there are not a lot of downside to this approach to nutrition. Have you tried the 30-day challenge yet? If not, give it a shot. It's not too late to make it your New Years Resolution. As for me, it's time to decide my cheat meal, so I can see how the grains, dairy and legumes will affect my body now that my gut has healed. Mmmm, I'm thinking either Captain Crunch or a nice PBJ should do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment