Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 14 - Ketosis I Finally Made It

What the crap is ketosis? Did I miss this in his book? It was my "understanding" (and I say that very loosely) that you could only use carbohydrates as fuel, but what I am learning is that your body can also run on fats for fuel. Apparently, there is a whole sub-sub-culture of people who follow a low-carb approach (without being paleo) who know this ketosis - which just means that your body is entering fat burning mode. (Side note: apparently, only women like to use a low carb approach, since it only appears on the womenwebmd web site).

Two things I know: I kind of like this, and it makes your breath stink. I noticed a few days ago that my mouth had sort of a metallic taste to it. I brushed my teeth, and it went away, but it came back a little while later. This is supposed to be a (good) sign that my body has entered ketosis. I haven't noticed my breath being bad as much recently, but I'm not sure that's a good thing. I've read a lot of places that this is just what happens when you go on a low carb approach. Not cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment