Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 13 - Make it Simple Stupid

Robb Wolf has a great idea of how to get people to buy into his "solution." He says just use a hunk of good meat, use good fats, add lots of vegetables. Simple enough right? It was actually. By not focusing on quantities and just the quality of ingredients people are more likely to buy-in. I believe that. Anything that stands in people's way of change just makes it harder.
However, there can be problems from someone trying to follow an un-weighted unmeasured paleo program. After listening to the first 10 podcasts from his website I found a lot of more helpful advice that wasn't spelled out in his book. For one, his recommendation on protein was 1 gram for lb of body weight. I had heard this before, but I didn't know that it also applied to this "diet." Taking this into consideration my target grams of protein would be as follows.

Me
= 150lbs
= 150g protein per day
= 50g per meal (at 3 meals a day)
= 8oz of meat per meal (at 7g per oz)

Okay, now I can visualize what I need to target, because essentially I was eating half of what I needed on a daily basis. No wonder why I lost weight. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the idea of not having to weigh and measure, but having a target is so much more helpful to make sure I am getting the most out of these 4 weeks.

I am going to have to get pretty thrifty now that I am basically doubling my protein intake, and all of it from meat (things with faces and souls Robb says - HA). I wish I had a big enough freezer to go in on half a cow. Yes, people really do that - and I'm jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment