Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 16 - Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!

Now that I got that out of the way... My family is very traditional usually cooking a lasagna for Thanksgiving. This year however, that was not going to fly for me so, I scrounged up some recipes from the web, and sent them to my mom in advanced. We used:

Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Cranberry Sauce
Paleo Pumpkin pie

Recipes from EverdayPaleo.


We usually host thanksgiving at our house, but this year the relatives were going to be in San Fransisco (I don't blame them). So, it was just going to be my mom, dad, sister and I.

After watching the Patriots dismantle the Lion. C'mon! Didn't anyone see that coming? I can't even believe that the Lions had a lead at one point. Look at this nice, easy 79 yard td Deion Branch had today.

Like I said, after the dismantling, we had already put the turkey in the oven and were working on our other recipes. The paleo pie was so easy; the crust is only three ingredients (hazelnuts, pecans, and butter). The cranberry sauce was equally as easy. I tossed in the ingredients and let it boil down. I thought it tasted fantastic too, definitely tart, slightly sweet, and bursting with real cranberry flavor. Much tastier than that store bought crap. Eventually, my sister and dad walked in the kitchen and we had the whole family cooking. It was great.

I usually help my mom with a side dish every year, but this is the first year I had my hands on a bunch of dishes. I think everything turned out great. I owe a lot to Sarah at Everyday Paleo. Her recipes are simple, delicious, and paleo (grain, dairy, legume free).

This year my brother was still in San Diego working on more films. But that didn't stop him from making an appearance at our table. We propped him up at the head of the table while we ate dinner, and it was almost like he was with us.

Being home reminds me of how great family is.


No comments:

Post a Comment